We have only 2 weeks left until Christmas. 2 WEEKS! Let’s face it, even if we are trying to be super organized, it’s easy to let things slip around this time of the year. The Christmas season is a challenge for those wanting to be on top of things, so that’s why it’s good to make a list.
Today I would like to offer a comprehensive Christmas to-do checklist to help you make sure you’ve got everything covered, every package wrapped, every card sent. Not every item on the list will be applicable to every person. Rather, my hope is that this checklist will trigger a reminder, “Oh ya, I didn’t do that yet!” So let’s not waste anymore time and get to our checklist—we don’t have time to waste!
- Do you have a Christmas tree up? Is it decorated?
- Did you string lights outside?
- Is the rest of your house decorated?
- Is everything safe?
Check out my recent post, Eight tips to help you survive decorating your house for Christmas this year.
- Have you purchased all your gifts?
- Is there enough time for you to still order gifts online and receive them on time?
- Do you still need to make homemade gifts?
- Have purchased enough wrapping supplies? (wrapping paper, tape, labels, bows, etc.)
- Have you wrapped your gifts?
- Have you mailed the gifts you need to send to people?
- Did you make and send out a wish list if people asked you to?
- Did you buy all the cards you need?
- Did you write a newsletter?
- Did you take a family Christmas photo?
- Did you sign each card and address them correctly?
- Do you have enough stamps?
- Have you decided when to mail the cards so they arrive on time?
- Do you have all the special events you plan to attend marked on the calendar?
- Have you purchased tickets?
- Do you have a working camera or video recorder?
- If you are participating in a special program, are you ready? Are your kids ready?
- Did you find out the special times of your church service?
- Do you have nice clothes picked out for each event?
- Have you decided what you will bake this year?
- Do you have the necessary ingredients on hand?
- Do you need to go shopping?
- Do you have enough tins or containers to store your cookies & candy?
- Do you have enough time to bake everything you have planned?
- Is your house clean?
- Do you have places for everyone to sleep?
- Do you have enough food?
- Have you planned meals?
Check out my post, Preparing for houseguests: a checklist, for more useful tips.
- Have you purchased plane tickets or made any other necessary travel arrangements?
- Have you booked hotel rooms?
- Do you have driving directions?
- Is your car ready and able to put on as many miles as are necessary?
- Is your car prepared for driving in snowy conditions?
- Are your houseplants watered?
- Will your pets be taken care of?
- Will you remember to take out the trash before leaving?
- Is your Christmas tree watered and safe from any possible hazards while you are gone?
- Have you packed?
- Did you take time off work?
- Did you pay any bills due while you will be away?
- Did you hold your mail if you will be gone for long?
Have a seat. Relax a little. Stop rushing around for a moment. Don’t forget what Christmas is all about! Most of the things I listed above are ultimately what Christmas is NOT about, even if we do them year after year. Don’t let the little (or even the big) things you have to get done prevent you from enjoying the season and remembering the reason!!
Did I forget anything? Of course I did!! What would you add to my list?